Welcome to another Squishy Butt cooking blog entry. Today, you are going to learn how to make these delicious almond cookies, which I attempted last week just for fun just because I had some leftover almond flour left in the pantry that I wanted to use up.
The cookies turned out crispy on the outside and wonderfully chewy on the inside. An awesome combination. They had the taste and texture of crunchy marzipan; an experience I definitely enjoyed. Also, some good news for you weight watchers, these cookies are a great low-carb option because it uses pure ground almond flour instead of wheat flour. Still, make sure you don’t eat them all in one sitting!
Here’s a simple recipe that will get you about 16 little gems.
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
A pinch of salt (if already using salted butter, omit this)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using the palms of your hands, roll dough into small 1 inch balls.
- Place balls onto baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Press balls down lightly with a fork to form crisscross patterns. Don’t press too hard!
- Continue to bake for another 15 minutes, or until the edges are crisp.
- Remove tray from oven and let cool.