Welcome to yet another cooking blog entry! Today, I am excited to share with you my badass recipe for some extremely tasty cinnamon star biscuits! If you have time on your hands, feel free to try this out! I made these about 4 days ago, mainly because I wanted to incorporate gluten-free flour into my recipes for the first time. The brand of GF flour I had contained tapioca flour and rice flour instead of your normal wheat flour. Of course, this would account for a different texture than if one were to use pure wheat flour in the batter.
Anyway, preamble aside, I would like to say that they came out impressively well and I really want to make a new batch soon because all of the biscuits are now gone! That’s how good everyone thought they were!
Note: This recipe isn’t completely gluten-free. It contains wheat flour as well. Although if you were to replace all the wheat flour with gluten-free flour (or vice versa, if you have no gluten-free flour), the biscuits should still turn out good.
1/2 cup plain all purpose wheat flour
1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, or more to taste
Pinch of salt
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mini sugar hearts, or similar garnish (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt) in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix butter and caster sugar in separate bowl until light and fluffy.
- Lightly whisk egg and vanilla in a cup, then pour into butter mixture and beat until just combined.
- Gradually beat this mixture into the flour mixture until a smooth dough forms.
- Cling wrap dough and chill for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line baking tray with cookie sheet.
- Roll out dough to desired thinness and use a star cutter to cut out shapes. Decorate with sugar hearts if desired.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until sides are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place biscuits on cooling rack.