Welcome back to yet another cooking blog entry! I was planning on sharing some tidbits regarding what’s been going on in my life recently, but I’ve decided to do another recipe post. I’ll blog about Angie & James adventures soon! So, right now, I would like to share with you a wonderful little recipe for some decadent mini chocolate muffins, complete with flaky Twirl bits! For those of you who don’t know what Twirl is, it is a brand of chocolate bar manufactured by Cadbury. If you can’t find Twirl anywhere, feel free to use any other type of chocolate for this so long as you can easily chop or break it up into smaller pieces.
I baked these for my boy the other day. I was quite happy with the outcome. So happy, in fact, that I even wrote the recipe down by hand before I forgot it.
2/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/3 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons butter, melted (cooled)
1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup milk
1 egg, lightly whisked
3 bars of Cadbury Twirl chocolate, broken up into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line two 12-hole mini muffin pans with cupcake cases.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, cocoa and sugar.
- Whisk butter, milk and egg in a small bowl.
- Pour butter mixture into flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate pieces.
- Fill muffin cases with batter and bake for 12-15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre of muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and stand muffins in pan for a further 5 minutes.
- Best served warm!
And there you go! Chunky little bite-sized treats packed full of chocolate goodness :)