Hello everyone! Have I got an ultra-sinful recipe for all you awesome chocoholics out there! I can’t say I’m the type to eat too much chocolate (I’m currently trying to be a good healthy girl), but I can speak on behalf of my lovely boyfriend who insists that these are a must-try type of cookie. He’s forced me to put this on my list of Things To Make Again Because They’re So Tasty.
These babies will come out of the oven tasting like thick, dense, fudgey brownies infused with a sexy complementary peanut butter hit. Yummy!
Note: Feel free to use regular unbleached all purpose flour instead of the gluten-free version!
1 1/2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated raw sugar
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips (more or less if desired)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Lightly whisk eggs and vanilla in a cup until combined.
- Add this mixture to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Add this mixture to the flour mixture and slowly mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll cookie dough into tablespoon-sized balls and flatten slightly with the palm of you hand.
- Place cookies on tray and bake for approximately 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place cookies on a wire rack to cool.
Enjoy these wonderful treats with a glass of cold milk! Just don’t eat them all in one go! :)