These little gems are very simple to make and entirely gluten free! You may use either dry or fresh thyme, depending on what you have on hand. You may also substitute the sesame seeds with poppy seeds if you wish. Get creative! These taste absolutely divine, especially when paired with a sweet dip or some cheese. Best of all, they make an excellent low carb alternative to wheat crackers and still manage to pack a powerful crunch.
1 1/2 cups almond meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
1 tablespoon sesame seeds (white or black, it’s up to you!)
3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine almond flour, salt, thyme and sesame seeds.
- Add in a tablespoon of water at a time and mix slowly until the dough clumps together but isn’t too moist.
- Form the dough into a huge ball, flatten it slightly, and place on a piece of baking paper.
- Roll the dough flat into desired cracker height with a rolling pin. The thinner, the crisper the cracker will bake.
- Carefully pick up the sheet of baking paper and place it on a large enough baking tray.
- Score the dough with a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to make desired cracker shapes.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.