4 tablespoons butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
4 tablespoons all purpose gluten-free flour
1 cup almond meal
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190°C and line your baking trays with greased baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour until just mixed, then add almond meal, egg and extracts and mix until well incorporated.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart on baking tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the cookies turn a nice golden brown. You may underbake them a little (10 minutes or so) for a softer, chewier cookie. But if they stick too much to the baking paper when you try to remove them, bake them a little longer!
- Remove cookies from the tray and immediately transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
These cookies have a firm, almost-crisp outer shell and a sticky, chewy inside. Remember to let them cool before eating! That is, if you can resist the temptation of these goodies. Although they are pretty good warm!