Sometimes, you just feel like making a quick loaf of bread. Something with complex flavours, yet require the simplest of ingredients. This beautiful butterless, gluten free loaf of cinnamon banana bread tastes delightfully creamy and cinnamony. In fact, when I first took a bite out of a fresh, warm slice, it reminded me very much of French toast. Perfect. It’s amazing what experimenting in the kitchen will result in.
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup roasted soybean flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
3 eggs, whisked
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
2 tablespoons applesauce
- Preheat oven to 175°C and line a standard loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, soybean flour, baking soda and salt together. Mix well, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut oil, eggs, bananas, applesauce and cinnamon until well blended.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture in 3 or 4 increments, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Carefully pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before removing loaf from tin to cool completely.
There you have it. Beautiful cinnamon banana bread, fresh out of the oven. Hiding under that lovely dark crust is a fluffy, golden interior. So scrumptious! Enjoy plain or with some maple syrup drizzled over the top!