If you’re in the mood for a healthy, low sugar, low carb, gluten free breakfast, our delicious peanut butter pancakes are the perfect treat for you! Thick, filling and satisfying, these amazing pan-fried gems are bursting with the goodness of healthy fats, fibre and protein. And since I had a jar of unhulled tahini sitting in the pantry, I decided to make a simple tahini sauce naturally sweetened with honey to go over the top. Bellísimo!
These pancakes have a pleasant, nutty taste and texture. Of course, you can use creamy peanut butter instead of chunky peanut butter for a much less ‘grainy’ texture. And you’ll be pleased to know the batter is supercalifragilisticexpiali-EASY to whip up. All you have to do is chuck everything in a blender, smoosh the stuff around with a spoon, and blitz on high until everything comes together. Easy, no? This also makes handling the batter a breeze – just pour what you need straight from the blender and onto the frying pan.
Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes with Sweet Tahini Sauce, Blueberries & Almonds
a low carb, gluten free recipe; makes about 8 regular pancakes.
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 cups almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of sea salt
tahini sauce + toppings:
3 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoon honey (or natural sweetener of choice)
- Place the eggs, milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla, peanut butter and apple cider vinegar into a blender.
- Place the almond flour, baking soda and sea salt on top of the wet ingredients. Use a spoon to push the mixture around, cover and blend for at least 60 seconds.
- Grease and preheat your frying pan on medium-high heat, then pour about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter onto the pan.
- Lightly brown both sides. Repeat until the rest of the batter is used up.
- To make the sweet tahini sauce, mix the tahini and honey together in a bowl. If your honey is too viscous, you can heat it up for a few seconds in the microwave to make it easier to mix with the tahini.
- Serve pancakes hot with tahini sauce, almonds and blueberries.
Need more breakfast ideas?
Olive Oil Pancakes with Chia Seeds & Dark Chocolate | vegan
Almond & Coconut Flour Silver Dollar Pancakes | gluten free
Thick & Fluffy Matcha Pancakes with Rice Malt Syrup
Zesty Orange-Scented Pancakes with Cacao Nibs | vegan
Simple Fluffy Pancakes with Mixed Berry Compote | vegan
Thick & Fluffy Pancakes with Organic Honeycomb | eggless, dairy free
Mini Spelt & Almond Milk Pancakes with Banana Berry Purée | vegan
Fluffy Breakfast Pancakes with Lemon & Honey